The scenery at Salzburg cathedral and in the Residenzplatz is a picture book image of an Advent in Austria.
The largest Christmas market in the city opens there on 21 November. Around 100 stands offer regional crafts and culinary delicacies from Austria.
More than 250 illuminated Christmas trees and a chain of illuminated stars help create a romantic atmosphere. There are daily recitals at the front of the cathedral and brass instruments are played from the city towers every Thursday and Saturday.
Anyone strolling through Salzburg during the Advent season will discover a few more Advent markets:
- The Hellbrunn Advent Magic, which extends into the city’s zoo, is open from Monday to Thursday from 21 November to 24 December 2019
- The Christmas Market at Mirabellplatz will take place from 21 November to 24 December 2019
- The Sternadvent with its winter market can be visited from 21 November 2019 to 6 January 2020.
- Above the city, the Salzburg Fortress Advent invites you to enjoy a stroll from Friday to Sunday from 29 November to 22 December 2019
- The Franziskischlössl Advent Market and the St. Leonhard Advent Market are open on weekends from 30 November to 22 December
More information: www.salzburg.info